Head Coach, Borderline 15 Hawks
Bill has been coaching volleyball since 1981. His role in developing athletes and promoting volleyball in southwestern Ohio began in the early 1980s, when he founded and coached the Miami University Women's Club Volleyball program. Since then he has served the Ohio Valley Region of USA Volleyball as Men's Tournament Director, and is currently the OVR Girls' Program Director; and he is a member of the Board of Directors for the OVR. He was the varsity coach for Talawanda High School from 1999-2008, leading his teams to league or division titles in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. He was named league Coach of the Year in 2000, 2001, 2006, and 2007.
Bill founded the Borderline Junior Volleyball program in 1994. Since its initial season, Borderline has grown into one of the most respected programs in the Ohio Valley Region. Several Borderline teams have qualified for the USA Volleyball Championships and the program has helped many athletes attain their goal of playing our sport at the collegiate level.
In addition to being club director, Bill has coached several teams in the Borderline program. He has coached at the Regional and National level.
Bill has been married to his very understanding wife, Diana, since 1987. They have 3 daughters: Carrie, Kelly, and Kaitlin.
Other qualifications and certifications I've accumulated through my long association with volleyball include:
- USA Volleyball's Outstanding Program Director (2001)
- USAV CAP II Accredited Coach
- OHSAA "Retired" Class I Volleyball Official
- USA Volleyball National Official
- OVR Commissioner's Award Recipient (2006)
- PAVO National Collegiate Official
- ASEP Accredited Sports Club Director and Course Instructor
- 2011 OHSVCA District 15 "Lifetime Achievement Award" Recipient